FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I bring with me?
- Your Tickets!
- If you are 21 or older and plan on purchasing alcohol you MUST present your valid ID.
- Folding chairs and blankets are highly encouraged. There will be some tables / chairs for seating under tents. No pop-up tents allowed. We will be setting up some tents to provide some shade throughout the festival site.
What should I leave at home?
- No outside coolers, food or beverages will be allowed into the festival. No pets allowed.
How do the 3-different style of tickets work?
- VIP Tickets get early entrance beginning at 11:15 AM with tastings beginning promptly at 11:30 and ending at 12:30 PM. VIP ticket holders are the judges and will receive a tasting from each of the 6 Food Trucks in their ticket zone and a 2oz tasting of each of the 6 beers entered in the competition. Beer competition ends at 3:00 PM.
- Zones (broken into colors, GREEN, BLUE, RED) are similar in style of cuisine and Food Trucks will NOT be identified in what Zone they will be in until the day of the event. VIP ticket holders then vote on their favorite Food Truck in their zone and favorite beer. Voting ends at 2 PM.
- General Admission ticket holders can begin entering the event at 12:30 PM (not a minute before). All food and drinks may be purchased a la carte.
- All tickets include FREE children’s activities (See list under “What is going on in the Children’s Activity Area? Children’s stage under tent will be provided.
- Music (5 bands) performing all day!
- Children 6 and under are FREE with either ticket purchase. No tastings are included.
- Food for purchase will not start until 12:30 PM. Only tastings will be going on from 11:30 – 12:30 for VIP’s.
Children 6 and under are FREE and can enter with any purchased ticket. Children 7 – 12 can purchase a general admission ticket and enter with a purchased VIP ticket holder, but cannot participate in tastings. 13 and older must purchase a VIP ticket to enter during VIP tastings, 11:30am – 12:30pm. Food trucks will not start selling until 12:30pm.
How does Voting work?
- VIP ticket holders will vote on their favorite food truck tasting in their zone. Tables will be set up in each zone for voting. There will be a winner from each Zone!
- Beer tastings will take place in our Beer Garden and voting tables will be set up at this site for VIP ticket holders to cast their vote on favorite beer.
- Voting will end at 2 PM in each of the Zones and Beer Garden. Once winners are tabulated, each Zone winner will submit their food entry to a panel of 3 judges made up of chefs from different regions of the state. The judges will then vote on their favorite for the “Grand Champion” winner.
How long will the VA Food Truck Battle & Beer Competition last?
- The event ends at 6:30 PM.
Where should I park?
- All will enter site from the main entrance off Tinkling Springs Road (Hwy 608) onto Expo Road. Follow signs to parking/entrance. Plenty of parking. VIP’s get up close parking to the entrance! Shuttle’s will be running all day.
What Food Trucks will be there?
- We will be promoting each of the food trucks on our Facebook page — Virginia Food Truck Battle. Remember, we will be listing and promoting each of the food trucks, but will not be listing in which zone they will be placed.
- Food Trucks will be from several regions of the state. From local, Richmond, Roanoke, Lynchburg, Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, and other locations.
- Styles of food – American, Seafood, International, Mexican, and More!
What alcohol will be available?
- We will have 6 VA craft breweries here. Seven Arrow’s (last year’s winner) Alewerks, Basic City, Ballast Point, Deschutes, and Stone Brewing. We will also have domestic beer for the “not a craft beer fan”.
- Each brewery will have a tent to purchase beer from and meet the beer crafters personally.
- For Beer purchase, you will need to buy beer drink tickets. This will help for speedy beer lines. We will provide multiple ticket purchase tents for quicker service. Remember, you must be banded with a 21 or over ID band. Bring your ID!
- 2 Vineyards will be on site. Ox-Eye and Rockbridge. They will sell directly from their tent site by the glass or bottle. Tickets may be used to purchase wine.
Will other beverages be available?
- All trucks will have soft drink options, but we don’t want you to wait in line for a soft drink. And we will have vendor trucks serving soft drinks, smoothies, water, and lemonade.
Should I bring cash for the vendors or will they accept credit cards?
- The food trucks and beverage tents will accept credit cards, but bringing cash is always a good and fast thing.
- ATM — There will be an ATM on site provided by F&M Bank.
What is going on in the Children’s Activity Area?
- Magic Show
- Freckles & Friends
- Hands-on crafts
- Rock climbing wall
- Bounce House
- Pony rides
- Finger Painting on a REAL car
- Face Painting – $
- Photo booth – $
- Kettle Corn, Ice Cream, Tropical Smoothie, Funnel Cakes, Cotton Candy – purchase required
What are the Bands playing during the event?
- 11:30 – 12:30 – Downtown Conspiracy & VS
- 12:45 – 1:45 – Bell Hornets
- 2:00 – 3:15 – Righteous Friendz
- 3:30 – 4:45 – Sun Dried Opossum
- 5:00 – 6:30 – Dany Goodson Band
When will winners be announced?
- 5:00 Zone winners, Beer winner and the Grand Champion Food Truck will be announced!
- The MaDee Project will have a table selling items to promote and raise funds for The MaDee Project.
- Raffle Table will be on site to buy changes to some great prizes and help raise funds for The MaDee Project.
- All proceeds to benefit The MaDee Project. Please learn more by visiting TheMaDeeProject.com about this organization and how they are making a difference.
- Remember, this is a rain or shine event. No refunds.